Effective Ways to Handle a Picky Eater
One of the most common issues parents deal with when it comes to child care is picky or fussy eating. Because of this, many parents have a lot of trouble ensuring that their child gets the nutrition they need for their growth and development. But don’t worry. Mealtimes do not have to end in tears and power struggles.
If your child is a fuzzy eater, here are some helpful tips to encourage them to enjoy their meals:
- Get your child involved in shopping for food and meal preparation.
- Prepare food in a variety of ways to see their preferences.
- Start small when introducing your child to new foods.
- Be their role model for healthy and happy eating at home.
- Encourage them to eat but never force-feed them.
Another way to help your fussy eater become a happy eater is by working together with a daycare in Plainfield, New Jersey. Talk about your child’s picky eating and ask teachers to reinforce the importance of good eating behavior.